Ozone(O3) is basically oxygen with an extra atom. It makes the air smell clean and fresh after a thunderstorm. It’s considered an active form of oxygen(O2).
Ozone’s unique structure makes it unstable, which means it wants to react and bond with something. And it’s that extra atom that makes it so beneficial.
In nature, ozone purifies the environment by bonding with pollutants and neutralizing the threat they pose. For this reason, ozone is a powerful disinfectant that can kill a wide variety of pathogens. With Ozone Therapy, the body is being stimulated to perform better, which in turn helps heal and optimize. This is why it can work with a multitude of conditions and purposes. It also help heal and detoxify.
Ozone therapy is also commonly used as a biohack to improve quality of life. This is a great way to increase energy, help the immune system, and mediate the negative effects of aging.
In 1740 Schonbein discovered ozone, and in 1891 the molecular composition was modeled. Observation soon revealed that ozone reacted with and destroyed bacteria and other organisms. Nikola Tesla began one of the first ozone companies, in 1900. Ozone was widely used by many American doctors.
During the First World War, the application of ozone to war wounds served primarily as a disinfectant. In 1934, the dentist E.A. Fische and the surgeon Erwin Payr found that ozone saturated water was a great bactericide and began using it. This usage slowed temporarily because the ozone would quickly destroy the rubber tubing it flowed through. The arrival of Teflon and silicone tubing overcame this problem.
Ozone Therapy has been, and continues to be, used in European clinics and hospitals for over fifty years. It was even used here in the United States in a limited capacity in the early part of the 20th century.
Ozone Therapy was introduced into the United States in the early 80’s, and has been increasingly used in recent decades. It has been found useful for various health issues.
The Sixth World Ozone Conference held in Washington D.C. during May, 1982, produced many astounding papers on the medical uses of ozone. They ran the full gamut of topics from cancer to herpes to rheumatoid arthritis, written by the world's recognized specialists in their fields. These papers concluded that:
1. Ozone removes unwanted bacteria and viruses from the blood, the same way it does with water.
2. The possibility of becoming infected with hepatitis, HIV, syphilis or other infectious diseases through blood transfusion could be eliminated by the use of ozone.
3. Ozone is highly effective in peripheral vascular disease.
4. Ozone is effective in cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease, arteriosclerosis and hypercholesterolemia, and promptly restores circulation, relieves angina pain and improves brain function.
5. With ozone, cancerous tumors, lymphomas and leukemia may be eliminated without the use of surgery, radiation or chemotherapy.
6. Ozone is highly effective for all forms of rheumatoid and arthritis collagen diseases.
7. Ozone is very effective for allergies of all types.
8. Ozone improves multiple sclerosis, and other neurological diseases, senility, as well as in Parkinson's disease.
9. External use of ozone is very effective in treating burns, acne, leg ulcers, open cuts and wounds, eczema, fungus and other skin disorders.
10. Rectal insufflation with ozone is effective for proctitis, colitis, prostatitis and fissure; vaginal insufflation is effective for candidiasis and other yeast infections, trichomoniasis and other forms of vaginitis; bladder insufflation is effective for cystitis and bladder fistulas, as well as cancer.
11. AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, mononucleosis, and cirrhosis of the liver have been successfully treated with ozone.
12. The application of ozone is virtually painless, with very rare instances of adverse side effects (According to the International Scientific Committee of Ozone Therapy has a higher safety record than aspirin) and is extremely cost-effective for both physicians and patients.
DOCS offers Ozone Therapy through various methods:
Major Autohemotherapy (MAH)(Ozone IV) This therapy requires that blood be removed from the body. It is mixed with saline and then ozone gas is bubbled into the mixture. Finally, it is dripped back into the patient. It can be given as a one-time treatment, as in the case of acute illness, or in a series of multiple treatments, as in the case of autoimmune illness, chronic fatigue, or inflammatory conditions.
Ear Insufflation This entails ozone bubbled through olive oil and the gas slowly entering your ear
canal through a modified stethoscope. For both adults and children, one of the most common, illnesses is ear pain or ear infection. There are different types of ear infection, but acute otitis media or middle ear infection seems to be the most prevalent of all. In some cases, some people are more at risk of getting an ear infection due to their actions or occupation. Ozone ear insufflation is an effective treatment for this.
Sinus Insufflation Sinus Insufflation involves ozone bubbled through olive oil (creating ozonides) and then breathing the gas through your nose using a canula. Breathing ozonides can help treat a wide range of respiratory disorders such as allergies, asthma, bronchitis, and congested sinuses.
Rectal/Vaginal Insufflation Rectal/vaginal insufflation is a process where the medical ozone/oxygen mixture is introduced into the body through the rectum or the vagina with the use of a catheter. The ozone is then absorbed and circulated. Although the procedure sounds highly uncomfortable, rectal and vaginal insufflations are considered the safest ozone therapy methods for treating a variety of health problems.
Limb-bagging introduces topical ozone gas directly to an affected area of the skin. A limb, such as an arm or leg, is covered with a plastic bag which is filled with ozone gas through a small opening in the bag.
This application is helpful in the treatment of many types of topical infections including:
· Diabetic ulcers
· Onychomycosis (fungal nail infection)
· Athlete’s foot
· Tinea versicolor
· Bacterial Infections
· Wound healing
Ozone’s anti-microbial effects have been found to be quite effective for treating infections of the skin and nails in clinical research. Fungal infections of the nails have responded better to ozone treatment than standard medical treatment, as well the skin ulcers showing a significant improvement.
Call DOCS to schedule your ozone appointment today! 727-498-8898